The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy outlines our responsibility towards Employment, Suppliers and Environment aspects.
Our company is a composite of elements comprising of people, policies, systems, values and natural elements.
Defining “Corporate Social Responsibility”
We have a sense of responsibility which is focused on the community and environment, ecological and social, in areas which we operate. We undertake to achieve this through:
– waste and pollution reduction processes.
– by making a contribution to educational and social well-being programmes
– by earning sufficient returns on the employed resources.
This policy applies to our company and also refers to our suppliers and business associates.
As an organisation we aim to conduct our business to meet its obligations to achieve high standards for social responsibility.
Our company’s social responsibility is divided into two categories:
– Compliance – this refers to our company’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values.
– Proactiveness – this is the initiative to promote human rights, help communities and protect our natural environment.
As an organisation:
– we will respect the Law.
– we will respect our company policies.
– we will ensure our business operations are legitimate.
– we will conduct supplier and business associates.
We promote fair competition and include ethical, social, environmental and health & safety criteria into purchasing supply chain. We will conduct business:
– with integrity and with respect to human rights.
– we will respect fair transactions operations with respect to the customer.
– we comply with the Bribery Act 2011 and we do not give or receive any bribes, extra contractual gratuities, inducements, facilitation fees or similar payments. An approval process with set limits is in place for any gifts, whether in cash or kind, received by employees or the company in the course of normally accepted business practices.
We will not risk the health and safety of our employees and community. We will avoid harm to the lives of local and indigenous population. We undertake to support diversity and inclusion.
Our company is dedicated to protecting human rights. We will ensure that our company’s operations do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country that we operate. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair and reasonable employment practices.
Protecting the environment
Our company fully understands the need to protect the natural environment, maximising environmental cleanliness and minimising pollution is beneficial to the global community. We will always follow best practices when procuring supplies and materials and for recycling of waste.
POLICY – PROACTIVENESS
Our company may periodically determine a budget in order to make charitable donations. These donations will aim to:
– advance the arts
– enhance education
– contribute to community activities.
Our company will encourage its employees to volunteer and participate in charitable and community events. This is usually achieved through programmes organised both internally or externally in conjunction with local organisations.
Preserving the environment
In addition to legal obligations our company will proactively protect the environment. Our principle objectives are:
– Procure from suppliers with an environmental policy
– Conserving energy
– Use environmentally-friendly technologies to reduce carbon foot-prints.
As a company we have an ongoing R&D programme and consequently have continuous investment programme. We actively encourage suggestions and ideas and endeavour to include these within our programme of development for the better of the environment in order to continuously make improvements to our operations and to reduce the impact on our environment.